Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

18 months

He's 18 months old already. I can't BELIEVE it!! Time has been flying by with all the big events our family has had lately. And through it all, my baby boy is becoming a BIG BOY! Makes me excited and sad all at the same time. He's doing so much and I'm afraid that with everything going on, I'm going to blink and this time in his life will be over. But I'm doing the best I can to capture every moment in my mind and as many as I can remember with my camera :)

Tommy, at 18 months, you are:

*SO busy! You LOVE to constantly be moving. Even if I wasn't 9 months pregnant, I know I'd have a super hard time keeping up with you. You love getting piggy back rides. You FINALLY understand that mommy is not a good person to get horsey rides from so you are constantly begging for one from Daddy, Nana and Aunt Brooke. You keep them VERY busy.

*talking some. You repeat a lot of words, but you don't seem to use them all consistantly and you haven't said any short sentences yet. But I know you're still young and every baby talks in their own time, so I'm not worrying about it too much yet. Your favorites right now are gosss (gross), Dad, Mom, ahhhht!! (hot), and dog.

*really getting into TV. Not that that's a great thing, but it's pretty funny to watch you watching your "shows." I'll say I'm gonna turn your show on and you come running as fast as you can and stand right underneath the TV and just go into a zone. I try to limit it to 20-30 minutes at a time and you're usually busy doing something else while you're watching TV, but it's a good way to let me get some work done!

*really turning into a daddy's boy. You've always been one, but even more so lately. You can't get enough of following him around and wrestling while making a ton of fake wrestling noises :) That's my favorite to watch! But you are TRULY obsessed with his mower. Every time we go in the garage, you hug the mower and point to it to ask for a ride. You always help daddy mow and I love to watch you guys out there together.


*eating like crazy lately! You went through a phase where you wouldn't eat anything and you just picked at your food, but the last few weeks, you must have hit a growth spurt because you do not. stop. eating! You carry food around with you all the time and only set it down long enough to play for a few minutes or get a drink. You've even started eating meat.........FINALLY!!


*so smart. You understand almost everything we say to you .We've also taught you to do the sign language for please and you've figured out that we can rarely say no to you when you're doing the little motion for please and putting on your puppy eyes :) You definitely use that to your advantage! I think you've picked up too on the fact that something big is about to change in life! You've been very cuddly and snuggly with me lately, which is not your typical style. You just understand so much and learn so much every day!

*weighing in around 28 lbs.

*34 inches tall. I don't know how accurate that measurement was, but you've definitely been growing lately! You're getting so tall and skinny!!

*still wearing a size 5 diaper.

*in a size 7 shoe and even that's getting too small! Your feet grow like crazy. You're obsessed with shoes and with taking yours off to make us smell your stinky feet. You shove them by our face and start sniffing until we say, "Ewww!! Stinky feet!" You always try to put our shoes on us and you like walking around in our shoes too.

*a new fan of popcorn! Nana loves popcorn and you've just started being interested in it. You grab fistfuls at a time and cram them into your mouth. You can down half a bag of popcorn in 10 minutes! Guess it's another part of your growth spurt :)

*starting to dance again! You stopped for awhile, but now when you hear music (more specifically when I sing "Shake, shake, shake! Shake, shake, shake! Shake your booty--uh huh!!"), you start dancing like crazy and smiling and shaking your hips. It's too cute. I try to get video, but of course you stop doing it as soon as the camera's out.

Tommy, you are such a character. You make me laugh every day and also drive me a little insane every day :) You are constantly moving and busy. I can't wait to see you as a big brother! You've gotten to be such a helper lately and I love having you to teach things to and to watch you grow and learn. You are so amazing and getting to know your personality is so much fun. Thank you for being the best firstborn kiddo we could have ever asked for. I love you so much, baby boy!!

No comments: