Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Lame Ramblings

So I've been totally lame lately. Not that there are a million people waiting with baited breath to find out what I blog about next (or is there?!), but I wish I did a better job at keeping track of life since my brain can't handle doing that right now! So here's my random thoughts in absolutely no order at all.

We had a great Father's Day. SUPER nice and relaxed! Tommy and I got up and had breakfast and skipped church (shhhh, don't tell) and waited for Nick to wake up. He got up around 11:30am and I cooked him an omelet, which turned out more like scrambled eggs with lots of delicious tidbits in it since I can't fold an omelet to save my life :) Then we went back downstairs to hibernate in the cool basement and we took a family nap until about 2:30pm. It was SOOOO nice. Nick needed the extra sleep since he had to work early last night (6:30pm--blah) and me and Tommy (and Tessa) needed the extra sleep because we're super grumpy if we don't get it! Then we got around and went to Towanda to see Nick's dad. We had a nice visit and then dinner at Gambino's. Being the super lame person I am lately, I had Tommy make Nick a card and promised a present later this week. Am I bad or what?!?

Friday night was fun! Nick worked, so me and Tommy went over to my sister and future brother-in-laws new house (which is coming along quite nicely!) and stayed the night there. We helped her organize the kitchen and stain her bedroom floors. Tommy loved it because he got to stay up late and have a camp out in the living room with his 3 favorite ladies! I loved it because I got to spend some quality time with MY 2 favorite ladies. And they don't have their cable hooked up yet so we had the TV turned off most of the time and just enjoyed eachother's company. We went shopping the next morning, which was NOT so fun. I'm not huge on random shopping--I like going if I'm by myself and I have something specific in mind and then I like to get in and get out. But my mom was looking for a dress for Brooke's wedding, so we went to the mall (GAG), which I completely despise!!!! So many people there and SO uncomfortable walking the mall with my swollen ankles and huge belly. We did go to Bed, Bath and Beyond to add a few things to Brooke's registry and that was fun. Then we had lunch at On The Border, which ALWAYS goes over well in my book :)

So as I mentioned, my ankles are huge. On Friday, we wear casual clothes to work, so I had on these black slip on shoes and capri jeans. I looked down at something on the floor and almost fell over because my ankles were GIGANTIC! Like, looked like a boa constrictor had swallowed a baseball gigantic. It was truly nuts. Because at the beginning of the day, they were perfectly fine. And they've been that way since. Lovely. Because a huge tummy just doesn't make me feel awesome enough :)

Brooke's shower is this weekend. I'm excited but anxious to get everything bought. I hope she has fun and likes all the food and decorations! She doesn't really like being the center of attention, which doesn't work out too well when it's a shower celebrating you, but I think she'll have fun once she's there. It's always ends up being a good time when you get friends and family together.

My irritability is at an all time high :) Especially today. Tommy woke up at 4am and stayed awake for 2 hours. He was just restless and tossed and turned non-stop. Needless to say, I'm so tired. And even if that hadn't happened, I'm sure I would still be irritable!! I'm tired of being hot and I'm SO ready to have this little girl! Also, since I magically gained 4 lbs over 1 1/2 weeks, a lot of my maternity shorts/pants are tight. Bummer :(

Speaking of having this little girl, it's only 43 days until my due date!! Which my doctor has already said we won't go until my due date, so that means it's really only about 36 days or less until she comes. Hallelujah!Once I hit 37 weeks, I'll be SO ready to get her OUT! Their room is 99% done, her clothes are washed and ready for her and she's got hairbows coming out the ying-yang. Bring her on!!!!!!!!

That's all the rambling I can handle for today. We'll see if I can come up with anything interesting to talk about later this week :)

No comments: