Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Baby T2

Well we went for our 2nd OB appt for Baby T2 on Wednesday, 2/1/12. It started out just a touch dramatic. They called me 40 minutes before my appt (keep in mind I need to leave my job 30 minutes before I'm supposed to be there to get to my appt on time) and left a message on my cell phone to call them back regarding my appt. So I called back. And they put me on hold for 10 minutes. I had to hang up and call back AGAIN to get someone to talk to me. She put me on hold to "check on the situation" and when she finally came back she said, "I think they were wanting to confirm your appt with Dr. Lowden is tomorrow on the west side." Okay, first mistake--I don't go to the west side. 2nd mistake--I'm not seeing Dr. Lowden for this pregnancy. I had made it clear to at LEAST 3 people that I was to be on Dr. Hague's scheduled. So I put on my best no-nonsense voice and was I was all like, "Ummm, no. My appt is TODAY in TWENTY MINUTES on the east side. Do I need to come or are you cancelling it?" Because trust me, working for a doctor, I TOTALLY get that things come up and especially for an OB/GYN, they're of course gonna have to deliever babies on occasion :) But my frustration was I was on the wrong schedule and if I was going to be seen that day, I needed to get going ASAP or I would be late to my appt which is a HUUUUUUGE pet peeve of mine. So finally my little friend was like, "Oh! You're not seeing Dr. Lowden? Well let me check on that................(insert long silence here). You're right!! (Duh. Of course I'm right). You are set up as Dr. Hague's patient. Go ahead and come on in!"

I was afraid when they checked me in that my blood pressure was going to be high, but good news! It was normal. The appointment actually went really well. Dr. Hague was about 1 million times friendlier than Dr. Lowden ever was to us (don't get me wrong--Dr. Lowden is a great doctor and I would trust her 100% to safely deliver my kid, but I need a doc who makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about my baby and she is SO not that kind of doctor). We heard the heartbeat after the dr. looked forever! It's so funny the noises that come through the doppler. It sounds very windy inside my uterus :) The heartbeat was 160!!! Woohoo!! Now, trust me, I know that doesn't mean anything medically, but word on the street is a high heart beat means a girl, so I'm goin with it! Plus, it's MUCH higher than Tommy's ever was. And Nick said this pregnancy has been so dramatic already that it has to be a girl because boy's don't have that much drama attached.

We get to find out for sure what we're having on 2/29/12. Only 26 loooooooong days away. Hopefully it'll fly by because this girl is NOT known for her patience. Overall, the appointment was great and I'm so glad they didn't have to reschedule it because that would have been the 2nd time. I can't wait until February 29th!! I forgot already the excitement of seing your baby and hearing the heartbeat and finding out if it's a boy or girl! So keep your fingers crossed for tutus and cute shoes!!!


No comments: