Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Midweek Randoms

More like end of the week randoms. I can't believe it's Thursday already.

*I am REALLY thankful I don't have to clean a stupid office anymore. REEEEAAAALLY thankful. I'm missing the money an itty bit, but it would take away even more time from my family, so I'm glad it worked out like it did.

*Tommy fell down some stairs on Sunday. I CRINGE all over just typing that, but he's doing fine. It was only 5 or 6 stairs and they're carpeted. I am totally paranoid and keep asking Nick if he thinks Tommy needs a CT done to rule out any hydrocephaly (water on the brain) or concussion. He thinks I'm nuts. I took my eyes off the kid for 30 seconds, folks. That's all it takes. And now I have a lifetime of guilt.

*I attempted my first try at jewelry making. I started with directions from this tutorial . I'm not gonna say I LOVE it, but it's not bad. I think the next one will be better. It's wearable at least! Maybe I'll post a picture soon.

*I am seriously going to attempt making a large portion of my Christmas gifts. I already have ideas for 5 people. If you know me, be seriously prepared to have a hand crafted gift! You're welcome.

*I am missing the show Awkward on MTV. I wish the new season would hurry up and start already! Now that Nick's on 3rd, I can watch all my shows while I'm going to sleep (he hated going to sleep with the TV on), so I need more stuff to watch.

*I'm itching to sew. I'm gonna have to break out the machine tonight.

*I WANT to be excited about Christmas decorating, but I'm not feelin it yet. Not sure why, but I need to get in the Christmas groove!

*I'm not diggin the new morning crew on K-Love. It's Amy (who used to be the newscaster and still sounds like she's announcing the news when she's just talking), Craig (who's not too bad) and Kanklefritz (what?!? Is that name for real?). They just aren't as fun as the people before. But at least the music's still good.

*I got my pictures from Snapfish this week. I'm a little disappointed. They are cropped a little (not from anything I did) and in some of them, the tops of our heads are cut off. This never happens at Wal-mart!!! Maybe I'll stick to the tried and true.

*I got to eat lunch with my baby boy! He's been so sweet the last few days. I think his teething has finally calmed down a bit.

*Speaking of Tommy, he can high five now! And I SWEAR he said the word dog! Our dog came in the room and he started going "duggg, duggg!" I thought maybe I heard things but then Brooke said the same thing about when he saw one of their neighbor's dogs. Crazy!

*I'm soooooo tired. Not sure why, but man, I just can't seem to catch up on my sleep.

*I am attempting to handwrite all my recipes on cards to put in my own recipe book. It's time consuming and boring, but hopefully I'll be better organized. Right now I have a shelf full of recipes on printer paper and from magazines.

That's all, folks. Have a great rest of the week!

5 comments:

thehobbs said...

Don't you hate the first "real" accident with your baby? Landon nose dived out of his high chair. And I was sitting right there. Mother of the year. I'm sure Tommy doesn't have hydrocephaly. Although it made me smile to read that since obviously if you didn't work in a neuro office you wouldn't even think of that!
Handmade gifts are great! I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head for Christmas too. :)
You should try 90.7 instead of K Love. I like the DJs alot more. I quit listening to K Love because of the DJs.
Love your midweek random posts!

thehobbs said...

It let me comment as me! Yay!!

Ashley said...

My son fell down the stairs a few months ago, too. Worst moment ever. Oh, life with a boy, right?

I agree about the KLOVE am show, especially your sentiment about Amy sounding like she's announcing the news when she's just talking!

I've been meaning to stop over here and thank you for your sweet, thoughtful comment on my rambling, whiney post a few weeks ago. :) I appreciated it so much.

Brady W. said...

Stacia--YAY!!! I'm so glad it finally let you do it! Um also, when are we EVER going to have a stinkin craft weekend? We should do it. For real. And make someone baby-sit our kids so we can actually get something done :) Let me know if you want to ever!

Brady W. said...

Ashley--Thanks for the encouragement that I'm not alone in the stair thing :) It was horrifying and praying SO hard it never happens again, but I know life is going to beat my baby up sometimes. I'm trusting God to take care of all my mistakes I learn from along the way!