Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

10 Months

Shame on me. I'm a little late posting Tommy's 10 month update. Granted, I do have a good excuse involving Thanksgiving day and a hospital (which I will post about tomorrow!) but none-the-less........here it is!!

Tommy, at 10 months you are:

*24 lbs!

*29 inches long

*walking ALLLLLL over the place. I mean, it's insane how fast you are. Sometimes you still get a little tripped up and you start almost running to catch yourself. It's quite funny to watch!

*nosy as all get out. You have to see what mom and dad are doing. We constantly see you peeking around corners, peering over things and snooping through EVERYTHING on every surface you can reach.
*wearing a size 4 diaper.

*eating a lot of "grown up" food. But I think you're maybe going through a texture thing. You put a lot of food in your mouth and spit it right back out. And it's food that you've tried before and liked, so I'm not sure what's going on, but sometimes it makes me stress because it seems like you hardly actually SWALLOW any food!

*you are laughing like a little boy now. No more little baby giggles--it's full blown boy chuckles. Which I love, but I definitely miss my tiny baby boy;

*in a HORRIBLE sleeping pattern. Which is completely all my fault. Dad started working 3rd shift, so I MAY or may not have started cuddling you a lot. As in, letting you fall asleep with me and then putting you in your crib. Oops. Now you wake up around 5am and won't go back to sleep unless we cuddle. Bad, bad mommy for starting that. Now if I can only make myself break the cycle..............

*loving anything related to the great outdoors. Sometimes while we're cooking, we put your chair up by the window and you just stare and jabber the whole time. I think you're gonna love hunting and fishing with dad!


*taking about 3 to 4 bottles a day. You like one right when you wake up, then 1 or 2 small ones throughout the day and 1 more big one before bedtime. I can't wait for when you get to start milk!! Formula is killing us!

*brushing your teeth! I have to admit, sometimes I forget, but we try to do it every morning and every night. You run to the bathroom when I say it's time to brush our teeth and you open your mouth as soon as you see the toothbrush :) I think you just really like the toothpaste, but I'm glad you don't fight it.

*not enjoying bath time as much. You used to stay in there for a looooong time and now you get tired of it quickly.

*onery as sin! And you smile when you know you're doing something wrong. We especially struggle with the TV still. You ALWAYS want to be near it, touching it or whatever you can get away with. You get this indignant look on your face when we catch you and you look at us like, "Um, excuse me?!? Did you just yell at me??" Jesus, please help me now! I'm SO not ready for you to EVER be a teenager.

*sometimes hurting mommy's feelings. You are obsessed with your aunt Brooke and even when mom and dad are there, you are usually following her or looking for her or reaching for her. Drives me NUTS! And the other night, I was holding you and your Nana was leaving and you literally put your arms around her neck and held on for dear life like you couldn't stand the thought of staying with your old mom. Sigh. Just remember who birthed you, sweet boy. Not that I'm bitter or anything ;)

*in a bit of a clingy stage. I tried leaving you in the nursery at church 2 times now and the first time, you had a meltdown as soon as I left (I could hear you crying clear from the sanctuary) and the 2nd time, you wouldn't even let go of my pants long enough for me to walk out. This too shall pass.......right?


*showing your anger in an interesting way. You clench up and get this look on your face that lets me know you're getting ready to squeal. Then you just start scratching at whatever you are closest to....people, the couch, yourself. It's not a very appealing behavior of yours and we're working on getting you to stop, but not exactly sure how to go about that since you're only 10 months old.

*so funny! You love to play peek-a-boo and you love when people growl at you and try to scare you. You just laugh and laugh and laugh. So of course, we do it over and over and over.



*starting to TRY to play catch with your ball. You'll throw it to mom and then I roll it back to you and you throw it again. Your throws don't usually get very far away from you, but you put forth a good effort!

*are still a daddy's boy. You have what we like to call your "sweet spot." You sit in the crook of your daddy's left arm and you guys watch football and all kinds of shows. The funniest part is you cross your ankles like you're relaxing on the beach. So cute!



Tommy, you are such a fun, crazy, loving, sweet ball of energy. You NEVER stop moving and although some people have told me you will keep me young, I think you will wear me out by the time I'm 30 (which is only 2 1/2 short years away). You make me laugh at least 10 times a day and you make me say "NO NO" about 500 times a day. When we're snuggling at night, I just look at your sweet little face and think about how awesome you are and how perfectly knitted together by God you are. I can't believe in 2 short months that you will be one. Time with you is flying by and I feel like I need to hold on with everything I have because before I know it, you'll be a grown up who doesn't need their momma anymore. You're so much fun and I'm so grateful to have you in my life, sweet boy! We love you!!




No comments: