Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

It's a ZOO out there!!

Sunday was Nick's company picnic and it was at the zoo. I invited my sister and our niece, Isabelle. We had also invited our niece Mackayla but she was running a fever and according to her mom, was not very pleasant :) The picnic started at 12:30pm and I was really excited.......until we got there. I swear, we've had 70-80 degree weather all week and then BAM!! 500 degrees on Sunday. I think I lost about 10 pounds from sweating (okay, I weighed this morning and I have NOT lost weight-haha---gaining weight with this pregnancy is actually a huge mind struggle for me. It's like you try your whole life to maintain a certain weight and then you've just lost control!!!-but that's a whole other post in itself). So anyways, it was REALLY hot. I expected a meltdown from the niece, mainly because I was getting ready to have one myself, but she did GREAT!! No complaining, no whining and she had a good time. I was SO glad! But let's just say the zoo has totally lost it's appeal. It's not as much fun when you're 26 as it was when you were 10. Interesting, but not fun. Especially when there's no wind or anything. But I am glad I got to spend time with the hubs, sister and niece. They made it enjoyable. I did feel like I was gonna go into labor any time with all the walking we did, but luckily, Tommy stayed inside! Okay, I wasn't really close to labor, but it felt like it at times! As soon as we got home, it was shower and NAP TIME!!! Yay!! I'm starting to LOOOOOVE naps. Although I didn't want to sleep too much because I wanted to spend time with Nick. He left today on a 4 day business trip :( Boo. That makes a looooong, boring and scary 4 days for me. I was just thinking the other day what life would be like if I was single. I'm such a homebody that I don't really like going out, so I can't imagine coming home every day to an empty house. Thank you Jesus for an awesome husband and soon-to-be awesome son!!! Moral of the story---don't go to the zoo between May and September. Wait until the winter!!!!

No comments: