Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's a Tommy!!

Well we FINALLY found out that we're having a boy! His name will be Thomas James (Thomas after Nick's dad and James after Nick's middle name). It started out not being my favorite name in the world but it's growing on me. We are going to call him Tommy (because it's cuter). I have to admit (and I feel like a bad mom for saying this), while I was VERY happy to know it's a boy and that his spinal cord and brain are normal, I was slightly disappointed it wasn't a girl.

Stupid, I know, but I just had it in my head it was going to be Tessa, not Tommy.

But that changed when I started shopping for the nursery. I bought some letters that spell out his name and hung them on the wall above his crib. Then I bought some really cute curtains and some football and fishing stuff. Decorating the nursery--making a room with someone specific in mind--has helped me to feel like I'm getting to know this little guy and love him even more. I am SO excited to see his face and his little fingers and toes. And I have become very happy with the idea that we're having a boy (it may have taken a few days, but it grew on me!).

When I hung his name on the wall, it hit me and made me cry a little to think that soon, this room would be completed by the perfect accessory. My little guy Tommy. It makes me tear up now to think about how he's going to grow up in our house and make our lives so complete. Who knows, maybe I'm just over emotional, but the further along I get in this pregnancy, the more real it's becoming to me and the more excited I get!

Now, if I could only feel him kick!! I'm pretty sure I felt it the day of the sono. I had to drink 30 some ounces of water and so my uterus was pretty squished since my bladder was so full. And I SWEAR to you, he was using my bladder as a trampoline. I just kept feeling this little pinging feeling that couldn't have been anything else. I've only felt it a few times since then and I have myself convinced now that it WASN'T the baby, but I don't know. I guess I'll know for sure at SOME point if that's what I'm feeling or not. I can't wait until he gets big enough for Nick to see him moving around. I remember when my friend was pregnant and we would watch her stomach and just see little elbows and knees going from side to side. It has to be one of the most AWESOME things ever and I can't wait to see what it feels like! So I'll update more later and TRY to get pictures of the nursery up when it's further along!

1 comment:

thehobbs said...

You'll know when you're feeling baby. :) I did at about 19 weeks (maybe a little sooner). I was just standing at work and bam, there he was. It kinda felt like popcorn popping (for lack of a better explanation). After that he wouldn't sit still! :) Congrats on the boy! Tommy and Landon can be best buds!